Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What 80's Fashion Statement Do You Wish Would Make A Comeback?

I was talking to some friends the other day about what 80's fashion statement we wished would come back in style. I thought about it and my vote is big hair. I think back to what I did to style my hair in high school and, although I used A LOT of product on my hair, nothing compares to the damage I do to it nowdays with the straight iron. Back in the day, you used mousse, a hair dryer (preferably with a diffuser), a pick and some Aqua Net and you were done! Alas, teasing and scrunching have now been replaced with flat ironing and shine serum.
So, big hair is my comeback wish. What about you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually I'm looking for the banana hair clip to come back in style. Now that was a great fashion accessory. My favorite for when you're running late for school. My own personal choice of hair spray was that "Aussie Sprunch Spray". It had this great fruity smell that would probably make me sick today.

Charles Brinkley said...

I got a T-shirt for Christmas that was jersey sleeve. I thought that was old but Tonya had to tell me that it is back in style. I asked Tonya the question and she said the "off the shoulder" Flashdance style shirts. I hope she was kidding. I mentioned Leg Warmers. Parachute Pants were so functional surely they will come back!

Kevin Myatt said...

Hawaiian shirts. My wife had a family reunion a couple of years ago in which the them was a Luau. So she bought me a black Hawaiian shirt and I slipped back to about 1986.

Angela O. said...

I miss the Flashdance shirts too. My husband made me throw around my last one right after we got married (in 1999!)

I also miss big hair. I think the big hair and shoulder pads up top made your hips look smaller.

Anonymous said...

I love the 80's. I love the style, everything fit. Now when you want casual clothes they all suck. Everything is to baggy or to tight. I don't want my underware to show. When do you get to the age that yoou can where what ever you want. Like for example: dress shoes, black socks, shorts, and a t-shirt and no one else care (haha). When can you start dressing like your dad and get away with it. How many people remember we could not ware shorts at school because it was to reveling. Just Look Now!!!

Dawn said...

BIG HAIR!!!! I am with you Charles on the Parachute pants - those were HOT ;)