Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Great 80's Music

Hellooooooo classmates!
First of all, thanks to Marcie for the awesome intro on the home page! It took me a minute to get in because I can't remember passwords, something we didn't have to deal with in high school. Just locker combinations and I struggled with those because I wasn't good in math :)
I am glad to be blogging on our reunion website, although it's impossible for me to believe it's been 20 years since graduation. I can't be that old, can I??? Well if I am, that means YOU are too so, nah.
My first blog HAS to be about 80's music because that is such a big high school memory for me. I, of course, was into the English bands. My favorite being Duran Duran. The 80's was the decade that introduced MTV and ran the network as a Music Television channel and not the RTV - Reality Television station it's turned into today. You could count on MTV to play a Duran Duran video every two hours (just in case you were wondering) and in between those two hours I was introduced to the other music my friends loved and played when I was in their vehicles.
The 80s also saw Van Halen, not Van Hagar, "Jump", Michael Jackson when he looked like the Michael Jackson that Katherine Jackson gave birth to and Wham! before George Michael found "Faith". It was also the time that my tenth grade boyfriend introduced me to my favorite male singer of all time....Sting (thanks Mike). That was some good stuff!!
If I've left out your favorite band, I'm sorry and feel free to leave a comment about your favorite bands of the 80's.
When I think of the 80's, high school and great memories....I think of 80's music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of 80s music, we went to go see Eddie Money in concert at Sam's Town last weekend. He sang, "I Wanna Go Back", "Two Tickets To Paradise"—great 80s music. It was pretty funny because when he came out on stage I was not expecting a 58 year old man. In my mind's eye he should have been the young, good-looking guy I used to see on MTV in the 80s. Oh yeah, and in my mind I was also 18, not 37. :-) The music was great though, and the songs took me back.

Angie Stricklin Buhrmester said...

That's how I feel about Simon LeBon. He's still hot but I still see him as 25 and not 49!!