Friday, December 14, 2007

Just a Waste of Gas...

Cruising. You know you did it. Everyone did it. Now that I look back and I'm old...such a waste of gas. :-) But it was only $1.08 gallon back then, and not almost $3.00 (like now in Jonesboro). So much fun, to not have to worry about anything REALLY important like kids, mortgages and bills. I found this video on Youtube of someone cruising in Jonesboro (it's amazing what you find on there). It goes kind of fast, and it's kind of long but it's set to a catchy tune and shows all the major cruising streets of Jonesboro. You can find it here. Of course the Nettleton cruise was always the most popular...down Nettleton, turn around at Sonic, back up Nettleton, left on Caraway and right into Burger King. Go around the drive through and back down Nettleton and go again, and again, and again. Good times, good times. :-)

4 comments:

barker said...

I had my first wreck because of the popular hang out known as Burger King. It was the night of the Toga Party at a YMCA dance and people were hanging out in the Burger King parking lot in their togas. I was cruising down caraway looking at the people in their togas and drove my little RX7 right up under another teenagers truck. So I had to spend the next hour or so in front of Burger King, where ever person in school must have drove by, being questioned by the police. Needless to say never made it to that Y dance. What ever happened to the Y dances?

Anonymous said...

Y Dances are no more. I don't know when they stopped them, though. It seems hilarious to me now that we were allowed to have them without any chaperones.

Angie Stricklin Buhrmester said...

We were pretty good kids to not need chaperones. I only went to few and they were pretty fun. I can see why they don't have them now!

Angela O. said...

Aw, you luckies. My parents did not allow me to just cruise Nettleton so I constantly lied that we were going to the movies, out to eat, etc so I could cruise with my friends. One night I returned home from a baseball game to shear horror - my parents thought I'd lied and my mom had gone out cruising Nettleton asking other teenagers if they'd seen me that night because I was late. Oh it was horrible! lol