Thursday, December 13, 2007

Speaking of Indians...


Since I mentioned the "Indians" in the previous post it reminded me of hanging out at the ASU football games on the hill. It was much more fun sitting there on the cold, hard ground with friends than in the nice, comfortable seats with your parents. :-) I don't know when they stopped letting people sit there, I guess when they built the fence around the field. Anyone know when they stopped that? Also, I remember going to the Indian Fieldhouse to watch ASU basketball games, as well as a few concerts. I went to "The Pointer Sisters" there. But, actually I didn't watch the basketball games I hung out at the top of the bleachers with the other kids. These are junior high memories rather than high school, but memories from the 80s nonetheless. By the way, does anyone have any favorites for the Indian name change?

1 comment:

Angie Stricklin Buhrmester said...

I think it's horrible that they are doing away with the Indian mascot and the Indian family at the games.
I remember going to those games and sitting on the front row of the 50 yard line watching the football players. Good times. Good times.