Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Little JHS Deja Vu...

So the other night I went up the JHS track to exercise with a friend and we were finishing up and almost ready to leave when we heard voices from above. I looked up and saw about 5 teenagers on top of Hurricane gym and one was waaaaaaaaaaaaay up on the tip-top of the dome. It was only 9:30 pm with plenty of cars still in the parking lot from people walking and they were not being too stealthy or quiet I might add. Why they couldn't wait until midnight was beyond me. Of course I made sure to call the authorities and make sure these thugs were apprehended. Then the irony of the situation fell upon me. The summer after my first year in college some fellow classmates and I decided we were going to climb on top of the gym to sing the alma mater. Yeah, I know. No sooner than we swung around the chain link fence, we hear "STOP, GET DOWN!" We ran as fast as we could and jumped down the short side of the roof along the back and escaped being caught. Or so we thought. One of us got apprehended as she tried to do a "drop and roll" kind of action. To make a long story short, the rest of us turned ourselves in. Unknown to us was the fact that some hoodlums younger than us (and STILL in high school, I might add) had gotten on top of the gym and vandalized the roof with graffiti that past weekend. It's funny how it all comes around full circle isn't it? (For those of you that found my actions a little out of line, I'm pretty sure they got down and away from the scene before the police arrived.)

No comments: