Thursday, February 7, 2008

Classmate bios are coming!

I hope to get a long-awaited series of classmate mini-biographies started very soon on this blog.

2 things to remember as we begin:

(1) What one has done or how much one has accomplished since graduation should have no bearing on being a part of the reunion. We're proud of our classmates everywhere and the mark they have made on the world, but when it comes to October, we don't care about all that, we just want to see you.

(2) There's no way I'm going to get to nearly 300 classmates in the 7 months between now and graduation. I would consider getting a tenth of that, about 30, as a major accomplishment. These bios are intended to give a snapshot of our class, not a complete mosaic. That said, Marcie and I are working on a list that will be diverse in race, location, education, professions, etc. Please don't feel we're snubbing you if you're not included. We are open to your suggestions, of course.

Nobody ever really wants to be first in something like this, so, at Marcie's urging, I have reluctantly agreed to put my own bio up first just so (1) no one else will have to go first and (2) everyone can get a feel for what these will be like so that you -- hopefully -- will be eager to answer the questionnaires you have received or may receive in the future. My writing background makes me absolutely abhor writing about myself in the third person, but I want to give you a feel for how these will go, so I will allow myself to be the guinea pig. My apologies in advance if it seems pompous.

I hope to have that up in the next day or two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kevin! I hope everyone feels like I do, that just getting to read what everyone has been up to over the past 10 or even 20 years will be very interesting no matter what you've been doing. Thanks so much for offering to do this! Can't wait to read them. :-)

Angie Stricklin Buhrmester said...

I can't wait to read them either!!

Karen Lambert said...

I love the ones that you have picked so far!!