Saturday, January 26, 2008

"Never Say Goodbye"

Who was your favorite band in high school? If your are female, I know Bonjovi is at the top of your list. I remember many nights cruising and listening to "Slippery When Wet". I think Janet Stallings and I played it until the tape disintegrated. Jon was the ultimate long-haired guy. Amazingly, he is still just as sexy... His concerts must be awesome today... A bunch of 40 year olds throwing their underwear on stage. Now if your male, I know your saying "Appetite For Destruction" by Guns n Roses. Unfortunately Axl did not remain as attractive or successful... I know they are pretty mainstream. What other bands did you crank while cruising?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One tape you had to have to cruise with was anything Prince. Especially the song, "1999". I also remember riding around listening to Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me". Another good cruise band was Poison. Speaking of...I'm especially enjoying Brett Michael's "Rock of Love II" right now on VH1. Anyone else watching?

Angie Stricklin Buhrmester said...

Hey Brooke!
Of course I have to say Duran Duran because I wore the album and cassettes out. I was more the English bands chick - Wham, Bananarama, INXS, Icehouse etc.

Matthew Lewis said...

Well I was always a little weird I really liked, and still do, Phil Collins and Genius. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight and Take me home are my two all time favorites songs. Other than that I generally listened to tapes and band music the radio never really interested me all that much. But like I said I am weird

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt! I enjoyed Phil Collins! I thought he was great! What songs did Genius have? I haven't heard of them.

Matthew Lewis said...

Genesis is the name of the group, this is what I get for doing this remotely at work. Or? Maybe I have bad spelling..nah let's blame the network lag :)

Dawn said...

Well... Jennifer Davis & I listened to Kiss, Guns N Roses, Def Leopard, Poison all very loud & over & over. I was just telling Kristin, my 16 year old, WOW, the other day about Cruisin back in the day. Oh to be back in the day.

Dawn Snellgrove