Monday, June 30, 2008

October 10 :: A Good Weekend for Reunions

Not only is our 20-year reunion going on the Homecoming weekend of October 10, 2008, there is also a 10-year, a 25-year, a 30-year AND a 40-year reunion going on that weekend as well. And they are ALL going to the football game on Friday night!

In the previous post you saw some changes and updates that the football field is undergoing in time for the reunion. I've also heard of some more:

• Hurricane flags will be flown on the top of the press box
• The band and the students will sit on the visitor side
• Our mascot "Flash" is making a comeback this year and I've heard it's the son of someone in our class!
• In recent years the students have a designated section at the basketball games they call the "Dog Pound", they want the student section at the football games to be called the "Storm Cellar" ;-)
• They are looking for a storm siren to crank out during the game
(if you know of where to get one, let us know)

It's time to get FIRED UP! :-)

5 comments:

Kevin Myatt said...

So where are the visitors going to sit? That visitor side isn't all that big.

It will be great that there are two reunion groups older than us ... I feel old when the son of a classmate is Flash, the daughter of another classmate and my next-door neighbor has just graduated JHS, and the little brother of a classmate is the head football coach ...

Anonymous said...

I guess that's the "visitor's" problem. :-) It will be nice to have the band facing us so we can hear them (and annoy the visitor team) better. I also have heard that Coach Coleman is requesting that the band learn, "Rock You Like a Hurricane!" Can't wait to hear that!

Marcie

Kevin Myatt said...

I couldn't imagine Coach Ewart requesting "Rock You Like a Hurricane" ...

Anonymous said...

I'm getting excited and I wasn't in your class!! Y'all are having too much fun.

Angie Stricklin Buhrmester said...

Every time I hear "Rock You Like A Hurricane" I have to sing it loud and proud. It doesn't go over really well in the middle of Wolf Country down here! I can't believe the new Flash is the child of a classmate. Time for me to take my Geritol and hit the sack at 8:00pm!